All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, Christians everywhere are rediscovering the Jewish roots of their faith. Every year at Easter time, many believers w celebrate Passover meals (kwn as Seders) seeking to understand exactly what happened at Jesus final Passover, the night before he was crucified. Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist shines fresh light on the Last Supper by looking at it through Jewish eyes. Using his in-depth kwledge of the Bible and ancient Judaism, Dr. Brant Pitre answers questions such as: What was the Passover like at the time of Jesus? What were the Jewish hopes for the Messiah? What was Jesus purpose in instituting the Eucharist during the feast of Passover? And, most important of all, what did Jesus mean when he said, This is my body This is my blood ? To answer these questions, Pitre explores ancient Jewish beliefs about the Passover of the Messiah, the miraculous Manna from heaven, and the mysterious Bread of the Presence. As he shows, these three keys the Passover, the Manna, and the Bread of the Presence have the power to unlock the original meaning of the Eucharistic words of Jesus. Along the way, Pitre also explains how Jesus united the Last Supper to his death on Good Friday and his Resurrection on Easter Sunday. Inspiring and informative, Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist is a groundbreaking work that is sure to illuminate one of the greatest mysteries of the Christian faith: the mystery of Jesus presence in the breaking of the bread.
- Author BiographyBRANT PITRE is a professor of sacred Scripture at Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is the author of Jesus the Bridegroom. Dr. Pitre is an extremely enthusiastic and highly sought-after speaker who lectures regularly across the United States. He has produced dozens of Bible studies on both CD and DVD, in which he explores the biblical roots of the Catholic faith. He has also appeared on a number of Catholic radio and television shows, such as Catholic Answers Live and EWTN. He currently lives in Louisiana with his wife, Elizabeth, and their five young children.
- Author(s)Brant Pitre
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImage Books
- Weight372 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Foreword byScott Hahn
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.