All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionWith eloquence and beauty, the award-winning author of Book of the Dun Cow , The Book of God , and Paul: A Novel turns his pen to history's most compelling figure: Jesus of Nazareth. In vibrant language, Walter Wangerin Jr. sweeps away centuries of tradition and reveals a man of flesh-and-heart immediacy. Passionate, intelligent, and irresistibly real, this is a Jesus pulsing with life who will captivate you as thoroughly as he did the men and women who walked with him across Galilee's golden countryside. Days of centuries past become today, lit with bright colours of the imagination. Wangerin shows you Jesus through the eyes of the two people who were with him at very the foot of the cross, the two who knew and loved him best: John the apostle; and Jesus' beloved mother, Mary...Angels in legions sang when you were born, my beautiful Yeshi! At midnight they poured down from the heavens, every one a whirling star, ten thousand voices in a sky borne choir. Glory, they sang, and I felt the bedrock tremble. You popped your eyes open. You peered around, seeking the source of the music and waving your hands as if to catch the stars in them! Here is a magnum opus of image and emotion: Jesus bringing his father the sacrificial lamb in Jerusalem's temple ...Mary desperately searching for her son in the wind-lashed rain ...the cry of gratitude from a leper's lips ...the loving intimacy of Jesus in prayer ...the fury of religious leaders ...the agony of an iron crucifixion spike piercing human sinew ...Loving son, intimate friend, and brilliant teacher, tender in heart, fierce in anger, wholehearted in joy and in grief, deeply human yet unmistakably divine--this is the Jesus who lives and breathes in these pages. The Jesus of the Bible, revealing God's heart in the midst of time and culture.
- Author BiographyWalter Wangerin Jr. is widely recognized as one of the most gifted writers writing today on the issues of faith and spirituality. Among his books are The Book of God; Paul: A Novel; Whole Prayer; Reliving the Passion; Preparing for Jesus; Mary's First Christmas; Peter's First Easter; Ragman and Other Cries of Faith; Miz Lil and the Chronicles of Grace; Little Lamb, Who Made Thee? Mourning Into Dancing; The Book of Sorrows; A Miniature Cathedral; The Orphean Passages; and Crying for a Vision. He lives in Valparaiso, Indiana, where he is writer-in-residence at Valparaiso University and holds the Jochum Chair. Walter Wangerin se hizo famoso cuando recibio un premio como autor de The Book of the Dun Cow [El libro de la Vaca Parda]. Desde entonces ha ganado otros premios y honores, incluso medallas de oro por sus libros, entre los que estan The Book of God [El libro de Dios], Reliving the Pasion [Recuerdo de la Pasion], Peter's First Easter [El Primer Domigo de Resureccionde Pedro], Mourning into Dancing [Como Cambiar el Lamento en Baile], The Manger is Empty [El Pesebre Vacio] y Little Lamb, Who Made Thee? ['Quien te hizo, Corderito?]. Escribio el libro para ninos Mary's First Christmas [La primera Navidad de Maria], que ha sido un exito de libreria. Wangerin ocupa la catedra Jochum en la Universidad de Valparaiso, donde es escritor residente. Vive con su esposa en Valparaiso, Indiana.
- Author(s)Walter Wangerin
- Date of Publication21/10/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest Age18 to 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.