About this product
- DescriptionThe Catholic Church is in the midst of a worldwide effort to engage its members in evangelization, and welcome home those who have left the Church. Yet the meaning of evangelization is unclear to many people: what is it, and how is it part of my life and my faith? Jesus the Evangelist is a transformative guide to becoming a better disciple through studying the words of Jesus. Using specific and concrete examples from Scripture, the book focuses on the life of Jesus and on the ways he evangelized among his disciples and followers. It defines for Catholics what evangelization is while addressing how individuals can evangelize in their everyday lives, and how parishes can evangelize through the examples Jesus gave us. Pope Benedict XVI said; The missionary task is t to bring about revolution in the world but to transfigure it, drawing power from Jesus Christ who 'convokes us at the table of his Word and Eucharist.' This book will guide the reader into active discipleship, providing a practical application of both Scripture and Church teaching to the process of evangelization.
- Author BiographyAllan F. Wright is the Academic Dean of Evangelization for the Diocese of Paterson, New Jersey. He holds a B.A. in religious studies from Seton Hall University and an M.A. in theology from Immaculate Conception Seminary. Wright teaches theology at the high school and university level, and has presented at over forty parishes and conferences throughout the United States.
- Author(s)Allan F. Wright
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.