About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fourth of a six-volume series called Reading the Bible as Literature. This volume on the Gospels continues the tradition of the first three in the series by exploring the intersection of the Bible and literature. Ryken enables pastors, students, and teachers of the Bible to appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of the Gospels and how to interpret them correctly. He goes one step further than merely explaining the literary dimensions of the Gospels - he includes exercises to help students master this rich literary treasure.
- Author BiographyLeland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) is professor of English emeritus at Wheaton College, where he has taught since 1968. He is the author of more than fifty books, including How to Read the Bible as Literature (Zondervan), Words of Delight: A Literary Introduction to the Bible (Baker), Windows to the World: Literature in Christian Perspective (Wipf & Stock), Effective Bible Teaching (Baker), A Complete Handbook of Literary Forms in the Bible (Crossway), and co-editor of Dictionary of Biblical Imagery (IVP).
- Author(s)Dr Leland Ryken
- PublisherWeaver Book Company
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeaver Book Company
- Weight204 g
- Width147 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.