All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, Jet Propulsion offers a self-contained introduction to the aerodynamic and thermodynamic design of modern civil and military jet engine design. Through two-engine design projects for a large passenger and a new fighter aircraft, the text explains modern engine design. Individual sections cover aircraft requirements, aerodynamics, principles of gas turbines and jet engines, elementary compressible fluid mechanics, bypass ratio selection, scaling and dimensional analysis, turbine and compressor design and characteristics, design optimization, and off-design performance. The civil aircraft, which formed the core of Part I in the previous editions, has w been in service for several years as the Airbus A380. Attention in the aircraft industry has w shifted to two-engine aircraft with a greater emphasis on reduction of fuel burn, so the model created for Part I in this edition is the new efficient aircraft, a twin aimed at high efficiency.
- Author BiographyNicholas Cumpsty is a Professor Emeritus at Imperial College London. He conducted his postgraduate research at the University of Cambridge, where he was awarded a PhD for a dissertation entitled 'The Calculation of Three-Dimensional Turbulent Boundary Layers'. He has been a Professor of Aerothermal Technology at the University of Cambridge and a visiting professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Nick has also worked at Rolls Royce Ltd as a Senior Noise Engineer and, more recently, as a Chief Technologist. Andrew Heyes is Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Head of Department in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Strathclyde. He has previously held positions at the University of Leeds and Imperial College London, where he spent a number of years teaching engine design based on the second edition of Jet Propulsion. Before Imperial, he worked with Rolls-Royce and British Aerospace (Military Aircraft Division, Warton). He is a Chartered Engineer and Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Author(s)Andrew Heyes,Nicholas Cumpsty
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note124 b/w illus. 29 tables 141 exercises
- Weight710 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.