All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete course in designing and making jewellery. Carefully structured tutorials guide you through every stage of the process, revealing how to translate inspired ideas into workable, wearable designs. Learn about tools, equipment and safe working practices; how to build an inspirations file; select suitable materials and transfer your designs; work with precious and semi-precious stones, a variety of metals and beads. Clear, step-by-step photographs demonstrate all the techniques that you will need, from manipulating metals by heating, hammering and casting to methods of soldering, riveting, polishing, finishing and adding surface decoration. At-a-glance panels explain the effect that different techniques have on metals, and practical step-by-step exercises provide guidance in tricky skills - with ideas for trying these out on inexpensive substitutes before using your chosen materials.
- Author BiographyJinks McGrath is a jeweller and teacher whose designs have been exhibited and collected for many years. She is the author of several books on jewellery making. She lives and works in East Sussex.
- Author(s)Jinks McGrath
- PublisherApple Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintApple Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.