All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany women have a treasure box filled with pretty things from the past such as faux pearls, rhinestone brooches, pieces inherited from grandma, or fun finds bought on eBay or at a thrift store. Discover how simple it can be to take these pieces and clean, repair and revive them into something wearable or even resalable. Jewelry Fix-ups is packed with practical how-to advice from professional jewelry designer and restorer, David McLoughlin. Filled with useful information on everything from clasp types to cleaning fluids, this essential reference teaches techniques such as simple soldering, and how to use pliers to replace missing pin backs or fix bent earrings. Whether revamping pins or brooches with missing stones or fixing broken necklaces or bracelets, Jewelry Fix-ups also helps the reader to determine when to leave well-eugh alone and when to contact a professional restorer.
- Author BiographyDavid McLoughlin trained as an apprentice in London's famous jewelry area, Hatton Garden, benefitting from over 300 years of skills handed down from craftsman to craftsman. David has been designing, making, and restoring jewelry for 30 years, working to private commission, for dealers and museums from his workshop in Clerkenwell, England.
- Author(s)Professor David McLoughlin
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight794 g
- Width218 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.