Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.99+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by mitccroni_0
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCoco Chanel's passion for fabulous jewels, for exceptional stones, for improbable marvels, produced pieces were unparalleled in their insistence on luxury and refinement. Drawing inspiration from tradition, Chanel was never the slave of everyday formulas or mere market values. Yet she reinvented tradition in the most arresting and modern jewelry pieces, based on her love of colours, as well as her assured command of austere classical beauty. Chanel was a creature of contrasts: there was the Chanel of the most sumptuous baroque, of rococo mirrors and dazzling, playful, unrestrained jewelry; and there was the Chanel of the utmost restraint, of classicism a la francaise. Out of this dialogue between ostentation and austerity, the jewelry that Chanel created throughout her long career has been celebrated in many revivals of her exceptional taste. From the direct re-creations of the 1932 Collection to the newest interpretations of comets and stars, plumes and feathers, and Chanels signature flower, the camellia, this book is true to the spirit of her enterprise. Classic images from the archives combine with exciting new photography to bring old and new together.
- Author(s)Patrick Mauries
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports. (some col.)
- Weight1980 g
- Width239 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.