All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJewels in the Louvre is an exquisite journey through the Louvre's hidden gems. Throughout the ages, jewelry has been a source of fascination to art enthusiasts, as it highlights the splendor of great historical figures, such as Josephine Bonaparte, and offers the viewer insight into their extravagant lifestyles and romantic intrigues. The Louvres collection, which includes Pourbus portrait of Catherine de Medici, Velaquezs portrait of the Infanta Maria Theresa, and the rewned Regent diamond, points to the symbolic importance of jewelry in the attire of powerful rulers throughout history. Jewels in the Louvre takes the reader on a unique tour around the worlds most rewned museum to discover its hidden gems in painting and sculpture, as well as the veritable masterpieces of jewelry. Art lovers will see familiar works in a vel context, while jewelry aficionados and historians alike will be delighted with the collection.
- Author BiographyAdrien Goetz is a prominent French art historian and editor-in-chief of Grande Galerie and Le Journal du Louvre. He has published numerous books on subjects such as Ingres' collages and various French museum collections. He has also written award-winning fiction, featuring art as its central theme. In 2007 he was decorated with a prestigious award from the Academie Francaise (le grand prix Francois-Victor Noury of the Institut de France). Claudette Joannis is a head curator at the national museum of Malmaison in France, where she is responsible for textiles and jewelry. She has curated several exhibitions on jewels, and has written exhibition catalogues and contributed to an international dictionary of jewelry.
- Author(s)Adrien Goetz,Claudette Joannis
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication10/11/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleIn the Louvre
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note70 colour & b/w illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width190 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.