All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRenaissance jewels are among the most alluring manifestations of an age that experienced the widening of horizons, from the Old World to the New. This spectacular volume overflows with luxurious imagery expressing the boundless creativity and spirit of the Age of the Renaissance. Bringing to the subject t only her specialized kwledge and historical discipline, author Yvonne Hackenbroch also displays a storyteller s passion in relating the tales of the jewels, the artists, and the patrons who commissioned them.
- Author BiographyYvonne Hackenbroch (1912-2012) was born in Frankfurt, Germany; she studied art history at the University of Munich, earning a doctorate in 1936. During and after the war she worked partly at the British Museum, and was part of the team that catalogued the Sutton Hoo treasure. In 1949 the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York invited her to become a curator specializing in Renaissance art. Her book Renaissance Jewellery, published in 1979, is considered the seminal work on the subject, extending her worldwide reputation as the leading expert in this field. Gonzague Saint Bris is a French writer, historian, journalist, and radio and television broadcaster who resides in his family chateau, Clos Luce at Amboise, where Leonardo da Vinci lived and died. Creator of events such as the Cabourg Romantic Film Festival in Normandy and the Forest of Books, a literature festival in the Loire Valley, Saint Bris has been awarded Chevalier of the Legion of Honor and Commander of Arts and Letters. His recent books include Louis XIV et le grand siecle (2012), Francois Ier et la Renaissance (2008), and Sur les pas de Leonard de Vinci (2006).
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight3901 g
- Width279 mm
- Height351 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Introduction byGonzague Saint Bris
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.96Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.