All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive reference work contains historical sketches of over 125 national and local voluntary organizations. The articles are arranged in an A to Z format and provide information on the many philanthropic, religious, political, cultural, and social agencies that are representative of Jewish organizational life in America. An outstanding feature of this volume is the collection of essays by a group of ted scholars on major issues of American Jewish organizational life including Jewish communal responses to the needs of the elderly, the Jewish Federation Movement, the Jewish feminist movement, American Zionism, and the Soviet Jewish movement in the United States. In addition, the editor has included a valuable chrology that juxtaposes significant events in American Jewish history with the founding dates of the organizations; a listing by category and function of the agencies; and an organizational genealogy that lists the name changes and mergers undergone by each group.
- Author Biographybkowski /f Michael /i N. /r ed.
- Author(s)Michael N. Dobkowski
- Date of Publication03/11/1986
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEthnic American Voluntary Organizations
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1174 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.