All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an exploration of what would seem to be a simple question, but is actually the object of a profound quest- who is a Jew? This is a deeply complex issue, both within Judaism, and in interactions between Jews and Christians. Jewish-Christian Difference and Modern Jewish Identity: Seven Twentieth-Century Converts contends that in the twentieth century the Jewish-Christian relationship has changed to the extent that definitions of Jewish identity were reshaped. The stories of the seven influential and creative converts that are related in this book indicate that the borders dividing the Jewish and Christian faiths are, for many, more fluid and permeable than ever before.
- Author BiographyShalom Goldman is professor of religion and Middle Eastern studies at Duke University.
- Author(s)Shalom Goldman
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight440 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.