All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first paperback edition of Jewish Cooking for All Seasons by Laura Frankel collects more than 150 creative, convenient, and seasonal kosher dishes. From everyday meals to holiday favorites, this book celebrates and updates Jewish cooking with invative recipes that use fresh, seasonal ingredients. When Chef Frankel opened her first restaurant in 1999, she was driven t only by her love of cooking, but also by the desire to prove that kosher food can be as delicious and exciting as any other type of contemporary cuisine. The same goes in her own kitchen. When her family decided to keep kosher, they gave up eating pork, shellfish, and the combination of meat and dairy--but that didn't mean they wanted to sacrifice flavor. Fresh and top-quality ingredients are key to Frankel's cooking at the Wolfgang Puck Kosher Catering and Cafe at Chicago's Spertus Institute. So in Jewish Cooking for All Seasons she groups 150 delicious recipes by season, allowing home cooks to create wonderful meals year-round-from spring's asparagus and goat cheese lasagna and summer's heirloom tomato salad to fall's roasted butternut squash bisque and winter's braised veal shanks with Moroccan spices. Frankel also groups recipes by holidays, providing menus for Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Hanukkah, and more. Every recipe has make-ahead information for holiday or Shabbat preparation, plus a short introduction that includes tips, serving ideas, or information to heighten your guest's appreciation of the dish. Featuring Frankel's signature blend of convenience and globe-spanning flavors, these recipes are designed to be kosher, yet accessible to eaters of all backgrounds. Anyone looking for fresh, seasonal meals to please family and friends on any occasion will find Jewish Cooking for All Seasons an inspiring resource in the kitchen.
- Author BiographyLaura Frankel is the executive chef and head of food services at the Wolfgang Puck Kosher Catering and Cafe at the Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership in Chicago. She is the former chef and founder of Shallots, a kosher fine-dining restaurant located in both Chicago and New York. Chef Laura has training and extensive experience in both savory and pastry kitchens, and has cooked for such dignitaries as Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emanuel, Michael Bloomberg, Al Gore, Mikhail Gorbachev, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Steven Spielberg, and many more. She is the mother of three children: Zachary, Ari and Jonah, who all love to cook and eat great food.
- Author(s)Laura Frankel
- PublisherAgate Publishing
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAgate Publishing
- Weight571 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.