All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing sixty-seven illustrations, and providing an important reckoning and visualization of the previously hidden Jewish 'ghosts' within US art, Jewish Identities in American Feminist Art addresses the veiled role of Jewishness in the understanding of feminist art in the United States. From New York city to Southern California, Lisa E. Bloom situates the art practices of Jewish feminist artists from the 1970s to the present in relation to wider cultural and historical issues. Key themes are examined in depth through the work of contemporary Jewish artists including: * Elear Antin * Judy Chicago * Deborah Kass * Rhonda Lieberman * Martha Rosler and many others. Crucial in any study of art, visual studies, women's studies and cultural studies, this is a new and lively exploration into a vital component of US art.
- Author BiographyLisa Bloom teaches visual culture at the University of California, San Diego. Her previous publications include With Other Eyes: Looking at Race and Gender in Visual Culture (1999) and Gender on Ice: American Ideologies of Polar Expeditions (1993).
- Author(s)Lisa E. Bloom
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note66 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.