All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise alphabetical guide to the major thinkers, concepts and issues in the history of Jewish philosophy from antiquity to the present. Jewish Philosophy A-Z covers the major traditions of thought from Philo to Levinas and, since Jewish philosophy has occurred in broader environments (e.g., Hellenistic Alexandria, Medieval Baghdad, Weimar Germany), n-Jewish thinkers who have had an important influence on Jewish philosophy are also included (e.g., Plotinus, Alfarabi, Heidegger). Extensive cross-references allows the reader to examine topics to the desired degree of depth, making it easy to follow connections and pursue larger themes. An important pedagogical resource, Jewish Philosophy A-Z is suitable for undergraduate or postgraduate students as well as the interested general reader.
- Author BiographyAaron Hughes is Associate Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Calgary, Canada. He is the author of The Texture of the Divine: Imagination in Medieval Islamic and Jewish Thought (2004).
- Author(s)Aaron W. Hughes
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitlePhilosophy A-Z
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.