All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJewish Values in Our Open Society: A Weekly Torah Commentary takes a look at each of the Torah portions using traditional sources and classical commentaries, as well as the author's own involvement in our ever-changing world. In this way, the author provides new perspectives on spiritual, religious, and moral issues. In Jewish Values in Our Open Society, each of the first five books of the Torah is introduced by a traditional source that outlines the primary concepts of that particular book. Author Meir Tamari then explores the relevance of these verses to a modern, open society by examining the events and ideas contained in them.
- Author BiographyDr. Meir Tamari is currently the director of The Center for Business Ethics and Social Responsibility in Jerusalem. He was the chief economist in the office of the governor of the Bank of Israel and a lecturer on corporate finance at Bar Ilan University. Dr. Tamari has authored numerous books and articles on business ethics, risk evaluation, small firms, and corporate finance, including Al Chet: Sins in the Marketplace and With All Your Possessions. He serves as a scholar-in-residence on Jewish ethics in business and economics.
- Author(s)Meir Tamari
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Weight758 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.