All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJiang Zhi's flowers 'die' before our eyes - set aflame, they are on the brink of death, t yet devoured. It is this decisive moment we see, a fleeting, brazen instant, of mortality in a nutshell. Time is caught in its flight: each photograph is a powerful memento mori, like a time capsule, Jiang Zhi's photography explores the metaphysics of mortality. He makes us reconsider the ephemeral, the evanescent nature of things. Death and love are melted together reminiscent of the myth of Eros and Thanatos, but here, beauty overrides the macabre.
- Author BiographyJiang Zhi was born in Yuanqiang, Hunan province, in 1971 and graduated from the China Academy of Fine Arts in Hangzhou. Generally considered one of China s most diverse and avant-garde artists of his age, Jiang Zhi s artistic practice ranges widely from oil painting, video, installation, sculpture and photography. From the early stages of his artistic career, Jiang has been writing novels while taking photographs, which stems from his deep interest in poetry. Jiang Zhi has consciously positioned himself at the intersection of poetry and sociology. He was awarded the academic achievement of Reshaping History (Chinart from 2000-2009) in 2010, the Chinese Contemporary Art Golden Palm in 2009, the Asian New Force IFVA Critics Award in 2001, and also received the Chinese Contemporary Art Award (CCAA) in 2000.
- Author(s)Jiang Zhi
- PublisherThircuir Limited
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- Place of PublicationWan Chai
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThircuir Limited
- Content Note1
- Weight519 g
- Width210 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.