All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy Carter has baffled the public from his first bid for elective office in racially divided rural Georgia through his post-presidential career as a global peacemaker and human rights activist. Is he a moral visionary or a well-meaning but sometimes misguided moralizer? More importantly, what might America learn about itself by examining the life and legacy of this enigmatic leader? In Jimmy Carter, American Moralist , Kenneth E. Morris aims to show readers that any conclusions about Carter's leadership and its adequacy to his challenges as president cant igre the moral quandary that vexed the American nation t only under Carter but ever since. Through film and popular music, personality profile and campaign summaries, poll findings and landmark court decisions, the author attempts to shed light on the cultural forces that shaped Carter and produced the troubled society that made him president.
- Author BiographyKenneth E. Morris teaches sociology at the University of Georgia.
- Author(s)Kenneth E. Morris
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1997
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note35 b&w photographs
- Weight558 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.