All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy Corrigan has rightly been hailed as the greatest graphic vel ever to be published. It won the Guardian First Book Award 2001, the first graphic vel to win a major British literary prize. It is the tragic autobiography of an office dogsbody in Chicago who one day meets the father who abandoned him as a child. With a subtle, complex and moving story and the drawings that are as simple and original as they are strikingly beautiful, Jimmy Corrigan is a book unlike any other and certainly t to be missed.
- Author BiographyChris Ware lives in Oak Park, Illinois, and is the author of Jimmy Corrigan - the Smartest Kid on Earth. He is currently serializing two new graphic novels in his ongoing periodical The ACME Novelty Library, the 20th issue of which will be released in fall 2010. He has guest-edited McSweeney's Quarterly Concern and Houghton-Mifflin's Best American Comics, and was the first cartoonist chosen to regularly serialize an ongoing story in The New York Times Magazine. A semi-regular contributor to the New Yorker, his work was included in the 2002 Whitney Biennial, was favored with an exhibit of its own at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago in 2006, and will be exhibited at the Gavle Konstcentrum in Gavle, Sweden, in 2010.
- PrizesWinner of Guardian First Book Award 2001. Shortlisted for Guardian First Book Award 2001.
- Author(s)Chris Ware
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication14/06/2001
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1133 g
- Width172 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Ware
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.