Jimmy's Buffet: Food for Feeding Friends and Feeding Frenzies by Olaf Nordstrom (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy Buffett didn't write this book, but he most certainly drew up the menu in his writings and lyrics alike. Accepting the advice to write what you kw about, Jimmy's spent more than forty years telling Parrotheads quite a bit of what he kws: places he's been, books he's read, drinks he's imbibed, and, yes, even food that he has eaten. In fact, Jimmy has set out quite a buffet for Parrotheads who tend to eat up his every word. As a literary remora of sorts, feeding off the crumbs of Jimmy's writings, Nordstrom decided long ago to go over all the songs and all the books to make a catalogue of all that food. The result of that work was The Margaritaville Cookbook, a volume sold exclusively through Margaritaville for more than fifteen years. Now, Nordstrom has revised and renewed the work as Jimmy's Buffet - Food for Feeding Friends and Feeding Frenzies. Available wherever books are sold, this Margareader edition still reflects the eclectic tastes of a vagabond whose work has kept him comfortably in the tropics. To be sure, there's the occasional foray to New Orleans, to Nantucket, and even to France, but much of Jimmy's Buffet tends to linger among those little latitudes. So, it's sort of like swallowing the equator, and Parrotheads the world over will be pleasantly surprised at what Jimmy has eaten down through the years. Of course, w and then Jimmy says he's going to write his own cookbook someday, but Nordstrom really doesn't see that anywhere on the horizon. Not that Bubba wouldn't be able to do it, but when would he ever find the time? So, 'til that day comes along, Jimmy's Buffet will just have to do. And Parrotheads will discover that it does that very well.
- Author BiographyNordstrom is a bartender/writer/fisherman/carpenter/philosopher/sailor/substitute teacher/survivor/raconteur of little repute who hails originally from the shores of Cape Cod. After forsaking nearly everything which was his (including his own name), he set up life aboard his sailboat, Victorious Egret, then took a bearing south by southwest to gunkhole among the Elizabeth Islands. Much of what little time he spent ashore was usually around the docks and bars of Woods Hole on the Cape, as well as those on Nantucket and the Vineyard. Not one to drop his anchor for long, though, Nordstrom eventually set his course even further south to Crab Key, where he now cooks, eats, drinks, fishes, sails, reads, writes, plays his saxophone, and spends as little time working as the rest of the world will allow. Needless to say, Nordstrom loves the now. Nordstrom is also the author of The Essential Book of Boat Drinks, The Essential Book of Tequila, and Things You Know by Heart: 1001 Questions from the Songs of Jimmy Buffett. He has been a holder of the Guinness Book of Records since 1975.
- Author(s)Olaf Nordstrom
- PublisherPeninsula Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeninsula Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.