Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed: A Comprehensive Guide to the World's Hottest Martial Arts Discipline by Eddie Bravo (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith martial arts champions such as Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz appearing on The Tonight Show with Jay Le, giving training tips in Muscle & Fitness and Men's Journal , and conducting interviews on Howard Stern's radio show, millions of people are turning to the martial arts for sport, a means of self-defense, and a form of exercise. Many of these newcomers to the martial arts never stepped foot into a martial arts training facility, and have plans of ever doing so. They want to learn to defend themselves without traveling to a gym or paying steep monthly dues. Some purchase martial arts guidebooks so they can prepare themselves both mentally and physically to enter a dojo a year or two down the road. Martial Arts Unleashed: Jiu-jitsu offers readers: a detailed history and evolution of the discipline; a description of the various theories and strategies behind training and competing; a breakdown of the gear and training space needed to get started; a description of warm-up routines, footwork, and stances; detailed instruction accompanied by step-by-step photographs that divulge everything from the basic kicks, punches, and blocks to the most advanced techniques; instruction on how to combine various techniques into sophisticated combinations; sample workouts for all levels of training; weight lifting programs to improve strength; cardiovascular workouts to improve stamina; sample diets to improve overall health; and, resources that show readers where to ply their trade and learn even more. For those desiring to learn the martial arts for self-defense rather than sport, the book features a section on those techniques best suited for practical application. For the more advanced students, this book describes how to blend this particular discipline with other styles, utilize certain techniques to defeat practitioners of other disciplines, and prepare for a variety of competitions.
- Author BiographyEddie Bravo owns 10 Planet Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Hollywood and has hosted jiu-jitsu seminars around the world. He is a columnist for BoxingInsider.com. Erich Krauss taught at Ken Shamrock's world-renowned Lion's Den and owns his own martial arts school. He is the author of several popular martial arts books and a columnist with BoxingInsider.com.
- Author(s)Eddie Bravo
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleNTC Sports/Fitness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.11
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.38
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $12.93
- AU $48.21Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.