All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents Miro's work between 1956 and 1983, when he started working in the studio the architect Josep Lluis Sert designed for him in Palma (Mallorca). From that time, his art underwent considerable changes. At first, he stopped painting altogether. He worked hard to finish the ceramic murals for the Unesco building in Paris, which were unveiled in 1958. He also had to organize things in his studio. He spent a lot of time reviewing his earlier work, mainly the preparatory drawings accumulated over the years. He tore up quite a number of them, and others he used as the starting point for new projects. With more space at his disposal, he was able to return to the large formats that he had found so satisfying when working on his murals (both ceramic and painted) and his plan w was to embark on large-format canvases.
- PublisherFundacio Joan Miro
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- LanguageEnglish, Catalan & Spanish
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBarcelona
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintFundacio Joan Miro
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports.
- Weight1390 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.