All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTracing Miro's career, this book begins in the 1920s with the artist's introduction to surrealism, cubism, and dadaism, and the flowering of his friendships with Picasso, Braque and other influential artists and poets. It moves on to his creation of an icographic pictorial style, which reached maturity in the 1940s and forever distinguished Miro from his contemporaries. Nearly one hundred of his greatest works reproduced in this book display the artistic range of this lyrical painter, whose brilliant use of color, line and shape resulted in haunting compositions. Fascinating photographs depict the artist at various stages of his life and perceptive essays about his work round out this exciting perspective of the world as portrayed in Miro's art.
- Author BiographySTEPHAN VON WIESE is curator of modern art at the Museum Kunst Palast in Dusseldorf, Germany. SYLVIA MARTIN is an art historian living in Munich, Germany.
- Date of Publication06/08/2008
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleArt Flexi Series
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note261 illustrations, 152 in colour
- Weight885 g
- Width240 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byStephan von Wiese,Sylvia Martin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.