All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's schools, teachers are frequently called on to adapt new curricula and instructional practices in their classrooms. Making sense of the complexities of teaching occurs primarily during the work day, and instead of relying on before or after school one-size-fits-all professional development activities, schools must support teachers in learning on the job. The latest book from rewned author Sally J. Zepeda is written for teachers, teacher leaders, and school and district leaders who want to support job-embedded learning, a powerful form of professional development characterized by active learning and reflection grounded in the context of a teachers' work environment. Job-Embedded Professional Development provides a framework for helping teachers stop, take a deep breath, and learn along the way as they engage in their daily work. Through the engaging job-embedded learning activities, processes, and cases from the field explored in this book, teachers will immediately be able to: * Implement what they are learning in the context of their own classrooms; * Work with supportive peers who can coach them along the way; * Get feedback on what's working and what needs to be tweaked; * Learn as adult learners fully capable of making sound professional judgments; * Engage in conversations that allow teachers to dig deeper into their practices; * Focus intently on content kwledge and the linkages to instruction and assessment; * Capitalize on learning in digital learning environments before, during, and after school; * Gain confidence in themselves and others through learning together.
- Author BiographySally J. Zepeda is a Professor in the Department of Lifelong Education, Administration, and Policy in the Program of Educational Administration and Policy, and she is a Fellow in the Institute for Interdisciplinary Research in Education and Human Development at the University of Georgia, where she teaches courses in instructional supervision, professional development, teacher evaluation, and school improvement.
- Author(s)Sally J. Zepeda
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note48 black & white tables
- Weight422 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.