Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe good news is that companies do hire mature workers. The bad news is that many baby boomer job seekers do t kw how to carry out a modern job search or present themselves to employers in the way that best represents their background. Ineffective resumes, job searches, and interviews can derail anyone's job search, but they can completely shut out the mature job applicant. Job Hunting After 50 will prepare you with a plan of action to carry out an effective job search to get the job you want. It covers self-assessment of skills and qualifications, preparing a resume for today's market, dressing with style, using techlogy to find a job, identifying common mistakes made by job seekers over 50 and how to avoid them, and interviewing skills. Emphasis is placed on updating skills, improving energy level and attitude, and determining where the best jobs are for this age group. Commit the necessary time to finding a job, but work smarter by following the principles in Job Hunting After 50.
- Author BiographyCarol Silvis is the author of 101 Ways to Connect with Customers, Chiefs, and Co-Workers, Job Hunting After 50, 101 Ways to Make Yourself Indispensable at Work, and college textbooks 100% Externship Success and General Office Procedures. Other publications include Time Management and Organization for Writers (2012 Writers Market), a dozen creative non-fiction stories and inspirational pieces published in national magazines, and over 40 articles published in various newsletters. Ms. Silvis has a master's degree in education and has trained adults in how to get a job, keep and enjoy it, and advance on the job. She teaches part time at Penn State's New Kensington campus and leads workshops and seminars for schools, businesses, professional organizations, and libraries on job hunting, resume preparation, customer service, stress management, telephone techniques, human relations/teamwork, communication, writing, and time management/organization. She is the president of Pennwriters, a 400+- member writing group. She won the 2008 Meritorious Service Award, was past VP and Authors' Advocate, and was the 2005 and 2007 Conference Coordinator.
- Author(s)Carol A. Silvis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight510 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.