All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, J. Gerald Janzen examines the text of the book of Job as a literary text within the context of the history of the religion of Israel and within the broader context of the universal human condition. He approaches the basic character of the book from a literary perspective which enables him to identify human existence as exemplified in Job and to expound on the mystery of good and evil, which gives human existence its experiential texture and which together drive humans to ask the same kind of questions asked by Job. This is the first full-length commentary to present Job systematically and literarily.Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching is a distinctive resource for those who interpret the Bible in the church. Planned and written specifically for teaching and preaching needs, this critically acclaimed biblical commentary is a major contribution to scholarship and ministry.
- Author BiographyJ. Gerald Janzen is MacAllister-Petticrew Professor Emeritus of Old Testament at Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis, Indiana. He is the author of numerous books and articles on the Old Testament.
- Author(s)J.Gerald Janzen
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/1986
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleInterpretation Bible Commentaries
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight28 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine609 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.