All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionA series of energetic and vivid portraits that capture the character and integrity of rural life Outsider artist Mendelson Joe is a painter, activist, musician, and rewned self-taughter. But to the people living in the sparsely populated region west of Algonquin Park, he is also a neighbour. With his latest book, Joe commemorates his neighbours in a series of portraits whose subjects range from Canadian musical icon Hawksley Workman to the man who installed Joe's woodstove. In Joe's Neighbours, we get a glimpse into the lives of people who have strayed from the urban grid, and in Joe, we meet a pathological painter who is engaged with his community. Viewed through Joe's idiosyncratic lens, rural Canadian life comes alive, and we meet a hub of artists, activists, and offbeat characters who truly embody Joe's vision of neighbourliness.
- Author BiographyMusician Joe's career began with blues-rock band McKenna Mendelson Mainline and then took a painterly turn. Known today as a multimedia artist and activist, Joe continues to surprise with his outspoken opinions and output. He lives in Emsdale, Ontario.
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mendelson Joe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.