All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Joggin' Your Noggin series of word games is aimed at improving the lives of people struggling with dementia. Unlike many Alzheimer's activities books directed to caregivers, Joggin' Your Noggin is designed to be completed by a person in mild to moderate stages, independently or with some support. Written by a Speech-Language Pathologist, the games offer an opportunity t only for fun, entertainment, and a sense of accomplishment, but also for essential mental stimulation. Complete the Song Title, Name the Opposite, Picture the Description, and Fill in the Blank are but a few examples. When shared with caregivers, family or friends, meaningful interaction is automatic. Individual questions provide a springboard to reminisce about fond memories and create moments of shared joy. Activities Directors and Recreation Therapists will find a wealth of ready-made content to incorporate into group activities. The level of difficulty, based on vocabulary, varies from the simplest in Volume I to the most advanced in Volume IV. Answers are readily accessible on the following page or at the back of the book. Each volume contains over 70 games and is sold at a more affordable price than similar products. The Joggin' Your Noggin series continues to receive very positive reviews.
- Author BiographyThe author, a Speech-Language Pathologist and graduate of the University of Connecticut, has over twenty years' experience providing therapy to improve communication. Ms. Randolph's interests have recently turned to helping seniors who are struggling with dementia. Responding to a remarkable paucity of puzzles, games and books geared toward this population, she has developed the entertaining and stimulating word games presented in the Joggin' Your Noggin series. It is her hope that they will provide many hours of pleasurable activity and enrich the lives of all who use them.
- Author(s)Mary Randolph MS
- PublisherNoggin Joggin' Books
- Date of Publication20/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNoggin Joggin' Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byJoseph Chrzanowski Phd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.