All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe narrative follows Behan's childhood in east Dublin to his role as a pivotal member of the creative fusion that was 1960s Dublin 'Baggotonia' (including Patrick Kavanagh, John Montague, Seamus Heaney, Patrick Pye, Camille Souter and Thomas Kinsella) and of the Independent Artists' group. John Behan has lived in Galway for many years, helping to establish the region and the city as a creative haven for its many artists and galleries: it is here that author and sculptor became friends. Beautifully designed and with over thirty full-colour photographs and illustrations, An Irish Sculptor is a fitting tribute and celebration of Ireland's most famous living sculptor. The work includes a listing of one hundred of the artist's principal works.
- Author BiographyAdrian Frazier is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin. He is currently Director of the MA in Drama and Theatre Studies and the MA in Writing at NUI Galway and has published on Irish poetry, drama, and fiction of the twentieth century. His book Hollywood Irish: Abbey Actors in Hollywood, 1936-1953 was published by The Lilliput Press in 2011. He is best known for his biography George Moore, 1852-1933 (Yale, 2000).
- Author(s)Adrian Frazier
- PublisherThe Lilliput Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Lilliput Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.