All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Buridan (d. ca. 1360) was one of the most talented and influential philosophers of the later Middle Ages. He spent his career as a master in the Arts Faculty at the University of Paris, producing commentaries and independent treatises on logic, metaphysics, natural philosophy, and ethics. His Questions Commentary on the eight books of Aristotle's Physics is the most important witness to Buridan's teachings in the field of natural philosophy. The commentary was widely read during the later Middle Ages and the Renaissance. This volume presents the first critical edition of books III and IV of the final redaction of Buridan's Questions Commentary on the Physics. The critical edition of the Latin text is accompanied by a detailed guide to the contents of Buridan's questions.
- Author BiographyMichiel Streijger (Ph.D. 2008) is a researcher at the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Munich. He is working on an edition of book II of Robert Cowton's commentary on the Sentences of Peter Lombard. Paul J.J.M. Bakker (Ph.D. 1999) is Professor of Medieval and Renaissance Philosophy at Radboud University. His research focuses on the commentary tradition on Aristotle's works on natural philosophy, from the late Middle Ages to the seventeenth century. Edith D. Sylla (Ph.D. 1971) is Professor Emerita at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, North Carolina). She works on the history of mathematics, physics, and their interrelations from the late Middle Ages to the early eighteenth century.
- Author(s)John Buridan
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- Languageeng, lat
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleHistory of Science and Medicine Library / Medieval and Early Modern Science
- Series Part/Volume Number55/27
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight988 g
- Edited byMichiel Streijger,Mr. Paul J. J. M. Bakker
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.