All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book evaluates John Calvin's teaching and contribution towards a modern theology on the Jews in light of the Holocaust and the Jewish-Christian dialogue. It examines the historical treatment of the Jews up to the Reformation and inquires into Calvin's teachings on those subjects specifically related to Judaism: the Hebrew Scriptures, the covenant, the law, and Romans 9-11. The author explores the reformer's three basic criticisms of Jews and evaluates Calvin's contribution towards a comprehensive teaching on Jews. Six proposals are made for a revised Christian understanding of Jewish-Christian relations.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jack Hughes Robinson received his B.A. from Hendrix College, his M.Div. from Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, and his Ph.D. in Historical Theology from Saint Louis University. As an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), he has pastored churches in Hammond, Louisiana, St. Louis, Missouri, and Lexington, Kentucky. He has also written sermons and articles published widely in journals.
- Author(s)Jack Hughes Robinson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 7: Theology & Religion
- Series Part/Volume Number123
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.