All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, beginning in 1964, painter John Evans created a college out of found objects ranging from clippings, business cards, product stickers or labels and ticket stubs, to bits of ephemera or anonymous snapshots found on the streets of his East Village neighborhood. Using colored inks, he built upon and embellished the collage elements, creating lively, vibrant compositions. His astonishing work continued through the end of 2000, which seemed an appropriate date to stop. A part from their beauty, Evans collages are minitime capsules that mark the end of the Vietnam war, the fiscal crisis in New York City during the 1970s, the burgeoning economy, club scene and art market of the 1980s, and the Aids crisis. They are also autobiographical, with postcards, snapshots and other connections to Evan's daily life. The 365 collages selected for this monograph represent one year, but are drawn from different years. They illustrate the full range of Evans's mastery of his medium and attest to the artist's self discipline in adhering to the demanding regimen of creating a collage every day.
- Author BiographyJohn Evans lives in New York.
- Author(s)John Evans,Robert M. Murdock
- PublisherThe Quantuck Lane Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2004
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Quantuck Lane Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1910 g
- Width221 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.