All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an accessible, in-depth biography of John F. Kennedy that covers key events in his presidency, such as the Vietnam War, Cuban Missile Crisis, civil rights, and his assassination. It also explains the cultural significance of the Kennedy administration and how it contributed to a new spirit of optimism in the early 1960s. The book also covers how Kennedy's unexpected and filmed death still fascinates young and older people alike.
- Author BiographyMichael Burgan has written numerous books for children and young adults during his nearly 20 years as a freelance writer. Many of his books have focused on U.S. history, geography, and the lives of world leaders. He has also written fiction and adapted classic novels. Michael has won several awards for his writing, and his graphic novel version of the classic tale Frankenstein (Stone Arch Books) was a Junior Library Guild selection. Michael has also worked as an editor at Weekly Reader, the classroom news magazine used in schools across the United States. Michael graduated from the University of Connecticut with a bachelor's degree in history. When not writing for kids, he enjoys writing plays, and his works have been staged across the United States. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with his cat, Callie.
- Author(s)Michael Burgan
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.