All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is a biography of John Fox, Jr. It draws from personal and family correspondence and covers his entire life, from his birth in Stony Point, Kentucky, in 1862, to his death from pneumonia in Big Stone Gap, Virginia, in 1919. His early life and education at his father's school, his two years at Transylvania University in Lexington, his transfer to Harvard and graduation in 1883, his work for New York newspapers, and his return home in the mid-1880s to work with his half-brother in the coal mines are all documented. In the 1880s he began his first vel, A Mountain Europa, and over the next thirty years wrote dozens of short stories and nine vels from the family home in Big Stone Gap, including Little Shepherd of Kingdom Come (his first to gain the status of bestseller) and The Trail of the Lonesome Pine.
- Author BiographyBill York is a high school social studies teacher and lives in London, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Bill York
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2002
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleContributions to Southern Appalachian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotographs, bibliography, index
- Weight467 g
- Width167 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.