All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- Descriptiona John Henry Daysa (TM) is a vel of extraordinary scope and mythic power. Recognised as one of the vels of 2001, it establishes Colson Whitehead as one of the pre-eminent young American writers of our time. Building the railways that made America, John Henry died with a hammer in his hand moments after competing against a steam drill in a battle of endurance. The story of his death made him a legend. Over a century later, J. Sutter, a freelance journalist and accomplished expense account abuser, is sent to West Virginia to cover the launch of a new postage stamp at the first 'John Henry Days' festival. John Henry Days is a riveting portrait of America. Through a patchwork of interweaving histories Colson Whitehead triumphantly reveals how a nation creates its present through the stories it tells of its past.
- Author BiographyColson Whitehead was born in New York in1969 and graduated from Harvard in 1991. His first novel, THE INTUITIONIST. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Colson Whitehead
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight280 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.