All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume comprises a multidisciplinary study of the work of the important Scottish philosopher, John Macmurray (1891-1976). Macmurray held university posts in London and Edinburgh and exercised a wide influence through his many writings and BBC radio broadcasts. More recently, his work has come to prominence through his ackwledged influence on British Prime Minister Tony Blair. The essays in this collection are from a range of international scholars in the humanities and social sciences. In addition to a biographical introduction, they cover themes in philosophy, religion, political theory, psychology, and ethics. A comprehensive bibliography of Macmurray's publications is also included.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: David Fergusson is Professor of Divinity at the University of Edinburgh. He is the author of Community, Liberalism, and Christian Ethics (1998). Nigel Dower is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy and Director of the Centre for Philosophy, Technology, and Society at the University of Aberdeen. He is the author of World Ethics: The New Agenda (1998).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDavid Fergusson,Nigel Dower
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.