All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA rebel and risk-taker from childhood, John McCain-son and grandson of admirals-nevertheless chose to follow the traditional path marked out for him in the military. Nearly six years in a North Vietnamese prison tested his resolve and proved his extraordinary resilience and will to survive. Coming to Congress, McCain found that making his way in politics demanded a different set of survival skills, and he grew accustomed to the corridors of power while striving to keep his independence. This lively biography traces McCain's unlikely ascent to the verge of attaining the nation's highest office while never ceasing to challenge himself and others to serve a cause greater than self-interest.
- Author BiographyELAINE S. POVICH is a freelance journalist and veteran Washington correspondent who has reported for Newsday and the Chicago Tribune, among other newspapers, and written feature articles for many magazines and journals, including Kiplinger's Retirement Report, the AARP Bulletin, and Fortune Small Business. The author of Nancy Pelosi: A Biography (Greenwood Press, 2008), she is a member of the Gridiron Club and past president of the Washington Press Club Foundation.
- Author(s)Elaine S. Povich
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleGreenwood Biographies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note10
- Weight454 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.