All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Singer Sargent: Painting Friends features a fascinating selection of over forty of the artists portraits of his circle of associates artists, writers, actors and musicians, many of whom he knew well. In contrast to his well-kwn society portraits, these works were rarely the result of commissions, and so are often more informal and radical in style. Beautifully reproduced here, the selection includes portraits from major international public and private collections, along with extended captions that provide additional insight into Sargent's life and work. Featuring an introductory essay by Barbara Dayer Gallati, Curator Emerita of American Art at the Brooklyn Musuem, and an illustrated chrology that places Sargent's work and sitters in the context of the artistic and cultural events of the time, this book is the perfect introduction to Sargent's portraiture.
- Author(s)Barbara Dayer Gallati
- PublisherNational Portrait Gallery Publications
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Portrait Gallery Publications
- Weight340 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.