All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Wayne: The Genuine Article provides readers a rare glimpse into the life of one of the most iconic movie stars of all time through a treasure trove of memorabilia, stories, and interviews. This definitive book includes anecdotes from the Wayne family as well as incredibly compelling text from Wayne's unfinished memoir. Important milestones in the Academy Award-winning actor, director, and producer's life are also well documented here through anecdotes and photos from the John Wayne Enterprises' collection. The story of John Wayne's rise, reach, and influence in American culture is alive and well in this brilliant opus. With a foreword by Jimmy Carter and a preface by his son Ethan Wayne, John Wayne: The Genuine Article presents the complete story of how an ordinary man became a top box office draw for six decades, and a larger-than-life Icon kwn simply as the Duke. Previously published in an expanded coffee-table edition, this reprint makes John Wayne s moving biography available to a wider audience in both print and ebook editions.
- Author BiographyMichael Goldman is a veteran entertainment-industry journalist and author. He has edited for Daily Variety and Millimeter magazines, and contributes regularly to American Cinematographer. He has written six books, including Clint Eastwood: Master Filmmaker at Work. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two sons. Ethan Wayne, John Wayne s youngest son, currently is president of Wayne Enterprises, the sole and exclusive steward of the John Wayne brand. In addition, Ethan also serves as director of the John Wayne Cancer Foundation (JWCF), a nonprofit organization established by the Wayne family following John Wayne's own heroic battle with cancer. Since its founding in 1985, the JWCF has supported awareness programs, education programs, and support groups in its mission to bring courage, strength, and grit to the fight against cancer. Ethan lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Michael Goldman
- PublisherInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.