All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Wayne is the most iconic cowboy actor of all time, even w, thirty years after his death. His unique style brilliantly characterized a whole troupe of western characters, from rancher to cowboy to sheriff to scout, and left his fans with numerous popular sayings like That'll be the day and Pilgrim. During his long career--in which he starred in over 175 films--Wayne's work became fundamental to our understanding of the Old West. But how much of what we saw in his movies was real? In John Wayne's Wild West, learn about The Duke's extraordinary influence on our understanding of the West. Also, learn about the equipment, weapons, clothes, tack, boots, and other paraphernalia featured in Wayne's Westerns, including his personal favorite gun, the Winchester carbine. With 100 color photographs of The Duke and detailed information on his movies--both the ones he starred in and the ones he directed--and contributions from the John Wayne Birthplace Museum, John Wayne's Wild West is the book for fans of John Wayne movies and history buffs alike. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBruce Wexler has had a lifelong fascination with American culture, from Western movies to cars to toys. He lived for many years in Pennsylvania before returning home to his native England. Previous books include The Wild, Wild West of Louis L'Amour and John Wayne's Wild West. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Bruce Wexler
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width203 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.