All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Gerard Sloyan utilizes the lectionary approach to offer new insights into understanding the book of John. In so doing, he puts the Fourth Gospel in the Old Testament context within which the early church received the public readings of this Gospel. His emphasis on the use of John within first-century Christianity enables modern readers to grasp the meaning of the Gospel message.Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching is a distinctive resource for those who interpret the Bible in the church. Planned and written specifically for teaching and preaching needs, this critically acclaimed biblical commentary is a major contribution to scholarship and ministry.
- Author BiographyGerard Sloyan is Professor Emeritus of Religion at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Distinguished Professorial Lecturer in the Theology Department at Georgetown University in Washington D.C., and Visiting Professor of Religion and Religious Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Gerard S. Sloyan
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/1987
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleInterpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight26 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine586 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.