All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohnny airplane finds adventure in this tale of heroism and duty. One airplane can make a difference.
- Author BiographySteve Bales was born in Dayton, Texas. Since his father worked in the oil field, travel was a natural part of family life. During his growing up years he lived in many states as well as overseas. After high school and his freshman year at Brigham Young University, Steve took a two year break from school to serve a mission for his church. Following his mission he returned to BYU and graduated with a BA in history. It was during his college years that he met and fell in love with Marilee Smith. They were married in 1971, and have five children. Upon graduation, Steve was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Army, and the travel adventure began again. Over the next nine years they lived in several states, and Germany. It was during these Army years that Johnny Airplane was born. While stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C. and a member of the 82nd Airborne Division his life was all about airplanes, and jumping out of them. So, when his young son bargained his way to a story in exchange for going to sleep, he fell back on what he knew, which was duty, courage, airplanes, and parachuting. After that first night, Johnny Airplane was repeated to all of his children, and grandchildren. Since leaving the Army Steven and Marilee have lived in Texas, and currently make their home in Humble, Texas. In addition to their five children, they now have fifteen grandchildren (at last count). Steve and Marilee have spent their lives, thus far, caring for their family, and fulfilling church callings and assignments.
- Author(s)Steven T Bales
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $36.11Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.