All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHoliness and hedonism. Lonesomeness and community. Tradition and progress. Highly regarded commentator on Christianity and popular culture Rodney Clapp argues that these great tensions form the bedrock of American history and our current culture. Utilizing the life and music of Johnny Cash to illustrate these and other American contradictions, he probes these phemena with sharp theological questions--seeking the language and kwledge that will enable us to reach across political and cultural divides and encourage a more graceful and constructive negotiation of current contradictions.
- Author BiographyRodney Clapp is Editorial Director of Brazos Press and the author of a number of books, including Border Crossings: Christian Trespasses on Popular Culture and Public Affairs; Tortured Wonders: Christian Spirituality for People, Not Angels; and A Peculiar People: The Church As Culture in a Post-Christian Society.
- Author(s)Rodney Clapp
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/03/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.