Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionA fresh assessment of the neoliberal political ecomy behind Canadian foreign policy from Afghanistan to Haiti, Joining Empire establishes Jerome Klassen as one of the most astute analysts of contemporary Canadian foreign policy and its relationship to US global power. Using empirical data on production, trade, investment, profits, and foreign ownership in Canada, as well as a new analysis of the overlap among the boards of directors of the top 250 firms in Canada and the top 500 firms worldwide, Klassen argues that it is the increasing integration of Canadian businesses into the global ecomy that drives Canada's new, increasingly aggressive, foreign policy. Using government documents, think tank studies, media reports, and interviews with business leaders from across Canada, Klassen outlines recent systematic changes in Canadian diplomatic and military policy and connects them with the rise of a new transnational capitalist class. Joining Empire is sure to become a classic of Canadian political ecomy.
- Author BiographyJerome Klassen is a Research Fellow at the MIT Center for International Studies.
- Author(s)Jerome Klassen
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleStudies in Comparative Political Economy and Public Policy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note22 figures
- Weight640 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.