All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this work, we address the problem of simultaneously determining a pricing and inventory replenishment strategy under reference price effects. This reference price effect models the fact that consumers t only react sensitively to the current price, but also to deviations from a reference price formed on the basis of past purchases. Immediate effects of price reductions on profits have to be weighted against the resulting losses in future periods. By providing an analytical analysis and numerical simulations we study how the additional dynamics of the consumers' willingness to pay affect an optimal pricing and inventory control model and whether a simple policy such as a base-stock-list-price policy holds in such a setting.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Lisa Gimpl-Heersink, M.Sc. in Technical Mathematics and Ph.D. in Social and Economic Sciences; latest academic working experiences as an Research Assistant at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration and subsequently as an Assistant Professor at the University of Vienna; research interests in Operations Research, Supply Chain Management and Risk Management.
- Author(s)Lisa Gimpl-Heersink
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleForschungsergebnisse der Wirtschaftsuniversitat Wien
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note7, 7 tables and num. graphs
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.