Jonah: A Discourse Analysis of the Hebrew Bible by Kevin J. Youngblood (Hardback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for the pastor and Bible teacher, the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament brings together commentary features rarely gathered together in one volume. With careful discourse analysis and interpretation of the Hebrew text, the authors trace the flow of argument in each Old Testament book, showing that how a biblical author says something is just as important as what they say. Each volume offers a set of distinctive features, including: the main idea of the passage, its literary context, the author's original translation and exegetical outline with Hebrew layout, its structure and literary form, an explanation of the text, and its canical and practical significance. The diagram of each passage enables readers to grasp quickly and accurately the main idea of the text, its development, and supporting ideas; and allows them to understand how the commentator arrived at this depiction and interpretation of the passage. The commentary places a special emphasis on identifying and discussing the main thrust of each passage and showing how it contributes to the development of the whole composition. Readers will find help in drawing out the meaning of the Hebrew for interpretation. While primarily designed for those with a basic kwledge of biblical Hebrew, all who strive to understand the Old Testament and better convey its meaning will find these books beneficial. Each unit concludes with a discussion of the canical and practical significance of the passage, synthesizing its theology and message for readers today. There are many exegetical commentaries, but ne accomplish what this series has achieved.
- Author BiographyKevin Youngblood (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is associate Ppofessor of Bible & Religion at Harding University. Daniel I. Block (D.Phil, University of Liverpool) is Gunther H. Knoedler Professor of Old Testament, Wheaton College.
- Author(s)Kevin J. Youngblood
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleZondervan Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight480 g
- Width194 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.