All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will take its place in libraries next to the finest works abou;this creative thinker. -Religious Studies Review ...gives a fine sense of the present state and the future direction of Edwards studies...Recommended for upper-division undergraduate and graduate students. -Choice ...this volume opens up new windows, t only on previously neglected texts of Jonathan Edwards, but on the larger cultural functions and effects of those texts. -Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences Here is a compact survey of current Edwards scholarship. These essays present groundbreaking contemporary scholarship focusing on the writings of the 18th-century American philosopher and theologian Jonathan Edwards. They range widely across the Edwardsian can, including his most prominent and important published texts-Religious Affections and The Nature of True Virtue-as well as unfamiliar treatises and sermons.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN J. STEIN is Chancellors' Professor of Religious Studies, Adjunct Professor of History, and Chair of the Department of Religious Studies at Indiana University, Bloomington. He is a member of the Editorial Board of The Works of Jonathan Edwards, editor of volume 5 in that edition (Apocalyptic Writings) and author of The Shaker Experience in America: A History of the United Society of Believers, which was awarded the Philip Schaff Prize in 1994 by the American Society of Church History.
- Author(s)Jonathan Edwards
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byStephen J. Stein
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.