All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook to Jordan describes a variety of walks, treks, caves, climbs and canyons in this wonderful landscape, based around Pella, Ajloun, the Dead Sea Hills, Dana, Petra and Wadi Rum and covers Jordan's newly-created nature reserves. It describes 150 routes in Jordan - half- to one-day walks and multi-day treks, including 30 canyon routes and 5 climbing areas, 24 desert and mountain walks and scrambles in Wadi Rum and information on how to get to Jordan, when to go, what to take, and everything you need to kw about the routes. From its flower-carpeted meadows in the rth to spectacular canyons with fast-flowing rivers, and from ancient cities to towering mountains, caves and vast deserts, Jordan has something for everyone.
- Author BiographyTony Howard started climbing in 1953 and has climbed in most north African and Middle Eastern countries from 1963 onwards, and climbed and/or trekked in Greenland, Canada, America, South Georgia, India, Nepal, Thailand, Madagascar and Iran. He was a founding partner of Troll climbing equipment in1965. In 1984 together with Di Taylor he founded the adventure travel consultancy N.O.M.A.D.S. (New Opportunities for Mountaineering, Adventure and Desert Sports), when they discovered the climbing potential of Wadi Rum in Jordan.
- Author(s)Di Taylor,Tony Howard
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2008
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note150 colour photos and illustrations and 45 maps
- Weight610 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.