All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Conrad's vella, Heart of Darkness, has fascinated critics and readers alike, engaging them in highly controversial debate as it deals with fundamental issues of good and evil, civilisation, race, love and heroism. This classic tale transcends the boundaries of time and place and has inspired famous film and television adaptations emphasising the cultural significance and continued relevance of the book. This guide to Conrad's captivating vel offers: * an accessible introduction to the text and contexts of Heart of Darkness * a critical history, surveying the many interpretations of the text from publication to the present * a selection of new essays and reprinted critical essays on Heart of Darkness, by Ian Watt, Linda Dryden, Ruth Nadelhaft, J. Hillis Miller and Peter Brooks, providing a range of perspectives on the vel and extending the coverage of key critical approaches identified in the survey section * cross-references between sections of the guide, in order to suggest links between texts, contexts and criticism * suggestions for further reading. Part of the Routledge Guides to Literature series, this volume is essential reading for all those beginning detailed study of Heart of Darkness and seeking t only a guide to the vel, but a way through the wealth of contextual and critical material that surrounds Conrad's text.
- Author BiographyD.C.R.A. Goonetilleke is Emeritus Professor of English at the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. He is a well-established and recognized critic of twentieth century and post-colonial literature and his books include Developing Countries in British Fiction, Images of the Raj, Joseph Conrad: Beyond Culture and Background and Salman Rushdie.
- Author(s)Dcra GoonetIlleke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Guides to Literature
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.