All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Cornell is one of the most significant American artists of the 20th century. His work is highly visible in the world's most prestigious galleries, including the Tate Modern and MOMA. His famous boxes and his collage work have been admired and widely studied. However, Cornell also produced an extraordinary body of film work, a serious contribution to 20th-century avant-garde cinema, and this has been much less examined. In this book, Michael Piggott makes the case for the significance of Joseph Cornell's films. This is an important contribution to our kwledge of 20th-century culture for scholars and students of film and art history and American studies and for all those interested in pop culture, celebrity and fandom.
- Author BiographyMichael Pigott is Assistant Professor of Video Art and Digital Media, a post shared equally across the departments of History of Art, Film and Television Studies and the School of Theatre, Performance and Cultural Policy Studies at the University of Warwick, UK.
- Author(s)Michael Pigott
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleThe Wish List
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note15-20bw
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.